Birth & Conception Consultation
(For queer families too!)
You're trying to get pregnant or you're pregnant and have a lot questions coming up. Your brain is filled with: What options are available to me? Do I inseminate at home with a midwife or at a clinic? What kind of birth do I want? Which care provider is best? Who takes my insurance?
As a doula and childbirth education who has attended over 100 births in NYC, I am qualified to help you with your questions around conception, pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period. I intimately know resources in the area, including local hospitals, birth centers, midwives doctors, and holistic medicine specialists.
Contact me to schedule a 1-2 hour consultation, in person or via phone, to help you decide the best options for the birth you want.
Topics that are most commonly discussed:
- Where should I give birth?
- Which midwife or doctor is right for me?
- What's the difference between birthing in a birth center or the hospital?
- I'm looking for complementary care providers (acupuncturists, massage therapists, chiropractors, therapists) who work specifically with pregnancy. Who do you recommend and why are these types of care beneficial?
- I am thinking about switching care providers for the birth. Should I?
- I need help with my birth Birth wishes/plan
- What is a Doula and how can they help me?
- Should I take a Childbirth Class? Which type is right for me? What will I learn?
- What do I need to do to have the most support during the postpartum period?
- What pediatrician is right for us and how do I choose them?
- How should I set up my home to welcome our baby?
FEE AND SERVICE LOCATION
Fee: The total fee for this service is $200 for 1-2 hours.
Location: I travel to Brooklyn & some parts of Manhattan and Queens for consultations. If you live outside of my area of service or outside of NYC, I may still be available for an additional fee to cover travel expenses. We can also schedule a consultation via phone/Facetime/Skype.